Monday, October 30, 2006

Kuala Lumpur 21st - 24th Oct

Last week was a short one - with the holidays and long weekend ;) As I'd mentioned previously, I went to KL in Malaysia. The main purpose is to visit the Sunway Lagoon theme park. As the haze in KL wasn't that bad (esp. after the rain), I managed to go there with my friend.

The theme park is quite big and caters very well to families. You get to see lots of local Malaysians there too, together with tourists of course :) And luckily the weather wasn't hot at all - not much sun. Well, I don't mind getting tanner though, hee..


KL is a lot for shopping and eating.. Endless shopping malls and complexes. I got quite a handful of stuff from the Chinatown market and one of the shopping centers. Oh, there is also another theme park (smaller and more for kids and youths) INSIDE a shopping center - Berjaya Time Square. Initially, I thought I was looking at a fake/model rollercoaster track, that wound around the inside of the shopping center - until I finally saw a rollercoaster that 'flew' past with exciting shrieks from the kids, then I realised it was for real :D and of course, I went to have a few rounds too ;)


The coach back to Singapore was a nightmare.. The coach company we bought from, at the Puduraya Coach Station, wasn't quite reliable - the bus didn't come at 1.30pm as scheduled and we were led across the streets (many times, to and fro) out of the coach station with our luggages and later being told that the coach had left! That's not true..

There are people who had been waiting there for ages and there was no sight of the coach at all. When we tried to pursue the matter with their 'ushers', they told us to take the next coach at 4.30pm; we were not convinced as there would be people who have bought tickets for that timing and there won't be enough seats for all of us.


Anyway, we couldn't care more.. there are so many people standing around with lugguages, tired and hot, and we are all waiting for the 'missing' coaches! If we do not get on the next coach, we would not arrive back in Singapore before midnight. Moreover, we are working the following day :( When the next coach was announced, we all sprint up the coach to 'grab' a seat. What an experience..

No comments: