Tuesday, June 10, 2008

almost giving up..

I have always dreamt of diving in the shallow (and beautiful) coral waters one day (what I always see on magazines and TV etc). And I had wanted to get PADI certified. Actually, it's pretty easy - just sign up for a Beginners Open Water course, pass the theory & take pool practical lesson and then go dive in the open waters over the weekend.

Finally, I decided to join my sister and her friends to go for the course. We had the theory and pool practical last weekend. It ain't easy with the heavy dive gear and having to do the required tasks under water. As I cannot tread water, I have fear of choking water and drowning ^_^ I keep losing balance and cannot control my movement well in the water (i was told that it's normal and fine). However, I'm still skeptical of going down so many meters without mastering the skill well. Yes, only one pool lesson and off we are to Tioman for the open water dive!

Told my sister that I want to quit.. but she wouldn't let me, haha.. after some serious thoughts, I really want to stop the course. One of my friend who is a diver told me that the 'difficulties' I encountered are very common and they are not that serious to worry about. So.. in the end, I decided to give it a shot! Tioman trip on 20th, cross my fingers...

No comments: