Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Chengdu 19th - 23rd Jan 2006



Last month before the Chinese New Year, I went to Chengdu in Sichuan(China) for holidays with my agency colleagues. It was a packaged trip - visited the pandas (originated from Sichuan), silk factory, chinese tea shop, Xilin Snow Mountain and the Le Shan (Buddha statue, carved from a mountain; largest in the world). We also watched the 'changing of faces' performance by the local entertainer; famous in Sichuan.

The temperature was very chilly and we had to wrap up like onions :p everyone looks like Michelin, haha... This is the 2nd time I've been to the snow mountains and I enjoyed it very much. China is a very beautiful country too! However, we are not used to eating their food ^_^ Sichuan cruisine is very spicy, oily and salty.. shopping in Chengdu is not that cheap since it's a big city. During winter time, most shops sell winterwear, thus nothing much for me to buy.. The buying style is somewhat like in thailand, you gotta always bargain else you'll end up over-paying!

Check out my photos at
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hweechoogoh/my_photos

No comments: