Friday, October 24, 2008

I lost it but I found it...

Last Monday was supposed to be a 'black Monday' for me.. I went to the cinema at a shopping mall and ended up walking round & round due to the re-routing of the escalator directions and no-service for that level on the elevator. Perhaps I was running late and the rounds of walking made me frustrated; was cursing the building management for messing up the elevator etc. Then, I lost my mobile phone at a pharmacy outlet without realising (after the movie)!

Only found out on my way home.. it was too late and the phone must have been picked up. Stupid me, I have been holding on to the phone all the time and how can I lose it w/o knowing??! Suspected that I left it at the cashiers since I last purchased an eyeliner and I might be the last customer of the day (the shop was closing after I left).

Feeling lousy and angry with myself for being so exceptionally careless this time, I wanted to try my luck the next morning; to go to the shop before it's open to check if I could find it. Anyway my mobile operator has an outlet there too. If I need to get a new SIM card, I gotta go there. Of course, I have to deactivate my network once I found my phone missing.

and you know what? I managed to reach there before the shop is opened and hung out there to wait. Finally, the shop assistance came and I asked her to check for me. Indeed she came back with my phone! I was really lucky and feeling extremely delighted. Glad that the staff working there is a bunch of honest lads :)

As a small token of appreciation, I bought a card and a box of curry puffs & cakes for them. I really want to compliment on their kind act. Finding back your mobile phone ain't easy nowadays, don't you think so?
\

No comments: